Size: ~ 329 mb
Source: Digital Download
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz / 16 Bit
The new album from the rapidly rising duo Plaitum, a sporadic mixture of electro and pop with some dark and lo-fi tones. For fans of Crystal Castles, Sky Ferreira.
Combining a shattered mirror of cold, metallic samples with a longing chorus and rousing hand claps, “Ovation” is ostensibly a pop song about sex, chopped and screwed into something far more visceral and sweaty than your average pop song about sex. It’s Salem meets FKA twigs meets Sky Ferreira, arriving as an animalistic riposte to the tension of the rest of the album.
Littered with huge, piercing synths, skittish beats and irresistible pop melodies, Constraint twists and turns its way through twelve self-contained narratives that, together, tell a larger tale.
“The album itself is vaguely conceptual in that it follows an exploitative relationship through different points of view, to tell one story,” says Matt Canham, one half of the duo and producer of the record.
01. Plaitum – Reeling [00:03:52]
02. Plaitum – Woeful [00:03:16]
03. Plaitum – Jagwa [00:03:54]
04. Plaitum – Yearning [00:04:03]
05. Plaitum – Interlude 1 [00:00:42]
06. Plaitum – Ovation [00:04:11]
07. Plaitum – Slave Red Stag [00:04:39]
08. Plaitum – Lmhy [00:04:22]
09. Plaitum – Interlude 2 [00:00:52]
10. Plaitum – Sway [00:04:57]
11. Plaitum – Still In the Water [00:04:15]
12. Plaitum – Eagle [00:06:26]