Artist……………: King Crimson
Album…………….: The Elements of King Crimson: 2014 Tour Box
Genre…………….: Progressive Rock
Ripper……………: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec…………….: Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
Version…………..: reference libFLAC 1.2.1 20070917
Quality…………..: Lossless, (avg. compression: 54 %)
Channels………….: Stereo / 44100 HZ / 16 Bit
Posted by…………: Beolab1700 on 21/09/2014
1) Wind Extract (1969, London) (From ITCOCK recording sessions).
2) I Talk To The Wind (23/07/1969, London) From ITCOCK recording sessions.
3) Cadence and Cascade (03/02/1970, London, Greg Lake Vocals) From Poseidon recording sessions.
4) Cirkus (guitar extract) (11/09/1970, London) From Lizard recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
5) Cirkus (10/08/1971, Live at the Marquee) From forthcoming release, Collectable KC Vol. 7.
6) Hoodoo (extract) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals ) – Previously unreleased.
7) Sailor’s Tale (08/09/1971, London) From Islands recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
8) The Talking Drum (October, 1973, London) From LTIA recording sessions. SW alt mix.
9) LTIA (extract) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) – Previously unreleased.
10) LTIA (extract) [David/Jamie] (16/01/1973, London). From LTIA recording sessions.
11) Fracture (23/11/1973, Amsterdam). SW 2014 mix.
12) Fallen Angel (extract) [RF harmonics] (08/07/1974, London From Red studio sessions – Previously unreleased on CD.
13) Fallen Angel (July, 1974, London). From Red studio sessions.
14) 21 Century Schizoid Man (30/06/1974, Providence. From USA live recordings.
15) Starless (extract) [Mark] (08/07/1974, London). From Red studio sessions. Previously unreleased on CD
1) Discipline (1981, London). From Discipline recording sessions. Alt take.
2) Three Headed Doom (part 1) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) – Previously unreleased.
3) Manhattan (Neurotica) (23/11/1981, Live at The Roxy, LA). From forthcoming release, Beat 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A.
4) Neal and Jack and Me (extract) (17/03/1982, London). From Beat recording sessions. Previously unreleased on CD.
5) Sleepless (Bearsville) From TOAPP recording sessions (Steven Wilson mix). From forthcoming release, Three Of A Perfect Pair 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A.
6) Sex, Sleep, Eat, Drink, Dream (rec session) (27/01/1994, Bath) – From THRAK recording sessions and on forthcoming release, THRAKBOXX.
7) THRAK (30/06/1996, Live at Shepherd’s Bush) – Previously unreleased on CD.
8) Venturing Into Joy (edit) (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) – Previously unreleased.
9) The Deception Of The Thrush (1998, USA) From West Coast Live, The ProjeKcts box.
10) Heaven & Earth (early edit) (14/05/2000, Nashville) ProjeKct X, TCOL recording sessions – Previously unreleased on CD.
11) Level Five (07/08/2008, Chicago, Live at Park West) – Previously unreleased on CD.
12) The Hell-Hounds of Krim (May, 2014, Elstree band rehearsals) – Previously unreleased.
13) Separation (edit) (2010, Berkhamsted) Jakszyk, Fripp, Collins sessions – Previously unreleased.
14) A Scarcity Of Miracles (2010, Berkhamsted) Jakszyk, Fripp, Collins sessions. Alt take.
The Elements of King Crimson, limited edition ‘tour box’ created to promote the band’s 2014 tour of the same name, it’s sold exclusively through the band’s merchandise booth on the tour and from the Discipline Global Mobile online stores.
The box’s content is less focused on actual songs and more on song “elements”; extracts of studio recordings, alternate takes, mixes with one or two instruments isolated, live recordings and rehearsals; the tour box is the first CD release for most of the tracks included, some of them have already been released for digital download through the DGM Live website, some them are set to be included in future DGM releases. The box marks the first time both studio and live recorded material with Gavin Harrison is released on CD, the first time material with Jakko Jakszyk is released under the King Crimson name, and the first time material with Bill Rieflin is released overall.